The Charles Bargue drawing method involves drawing from prints of plaster casts. It's a methodical exercise that serves as an excellent introduction to drawing.
In this course:
- learn 10 methods of accuracy and measurement (and how to use them effectively)
- train your eye and perceptual skills
- gain dexterity and control of your pencil
- learn and gain confidence in the first few stages of the drawing process
- start learning the anatomy of the features of the face
Bargue drawing is particularly excellent if you are a nervous beginner (or think that you can’t learn to draw!) as it is much less intimidating to draw from a copy than from life when first getting started.
Anatomy lectures on the features of the face are being added over the next few months as well, making this a great way to prepare for portrait drawing!
More info coming soon!
Access this course in the Drawing Decoded Membership.